Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mama Mia! It's my first recipe!

I just took a nice long walk around my neighborhood and when I came home I was starving.  I took a quick look in the fridge and in 5 minutes, I came up with a new, healthy, and delicious omelete.  Of course I ate it before taking a picture...I won't do that again!  Try this for a yummy alternative to the western or spanish omelette.

Italian Omelet

3 egg whites
1/4 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
1-2 Tbl. chopped red onion
1 Tsp. basil (i used dry but you could do fresh if you have it!)
1-2 Tbl. marinara sauce (I used Barilla Spicy Marinara)
salt & pepper

In a small skillet, pour egg whites to cover base and form an omelete shell.  While eggs cook, add ricotta to "melt" a little, and basil.  Right before folding, add onions and marinara.  Flip once for even cooking. Enjoy!

No comments: