Monday, February 20, 2012

Recipe: Rosemary Skewered Scallops

Today I went on a fun road trip with some of besties to Western Mass to stroll the streets of Northampton and relive our glory days circa 2007.  The last thing I wanted to do when I got home was cook dinner, so thankfully when my love called me mid-afternoon I kindly suggested he pick something up from the store--his choice--for supper.  I was surprised and grateful when I came home to this gem marinating away.  The ingredients are so fresh and simple that you can't and don't want to mess with them too much.  Just trust it and it'll be delicious.


Thanks to my fiance for a fabulous Monday night meal, xo!


1 lb sea scallops
a few springs of rosemary
EVOO
S&P


Wash and dry the scallops well.  Skewer 2-4 (depending on size) scallops on each sprig of rosemary and drizzle the EVOO over each skewer. Sprinkle with salt and a bunch of pepper.   Let marinate in the fridge at least 30 minutes.




Heat your grill to HIGH.  Using a grill pan (you know, like you'd use to steam veggies), grill scallops for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
gorg!



We made a little tomato-mozzarella to accompany our scallops...because, well, why the hell not.

No comments: